Preparing for a
Learn how to make the most of a virtual event with The MBA Tour, where you’ll have the opportunity to connect with leading business schools from around the world, gain access to exclusive panels and discussions, and network with admissions professionals, alumni and fellow candidates (learn more here).
Download our comprehensive Virtual Event Candidate Guide before your event so you know what to expect and have an understanding of the platform and best practices to follow.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- When will I find out more information and where to go the day of the event? You will receive an email from The MBA Tour one hour in advance with information on how to log into the virtual event platform.
- Where can I find the event schedule and list of participating business schools? Visit our website, click on the events tab, and then select the event you are interested in attending. This page will show the event schedule, attending universities, and special offers.
- Will there be a fair at this event where I can talk to any school I am interested in? Yes, you can visit the school’s virtual booth at any point throughout the event, so long as you don’t have a MeetUp scheduled.
- Can I attend the event from my phone? Yes, although we highly recommend you use a computer to get the full experience.
- Do I have to turn my video on? Yes, if you have a scheduled MeetUp, the expectation is that you will video chat with the university representative in a small group. Because of this, we recommend you wear business casual attire.
- Do I need a strong internet connection for the virtual event? Yes, a strong internet connection is necessary.
- What are the system requirements for the virtual event? View a list of desktop/tablet/mobile requirements here.
- What do I do if I’m having technical difficulties? Visit the Help Desk.
- What is a MeetUp? MeetUps are invite-only small group meetings with admission decision-makers. We’ve distilled decades of experience into an intelligent matching algorithm that recommends the best schools for you. During the 25-minute, face-to-face video sessions, you can ask questions and get a better feel for the program and if it’s right for you.
- Can I reschedule a confirmed MeetUp? To reschedule, go to your MeetUps page on thembatour.com and hit the reschedule button under the MeetUp on the left-hand side bar.
- How do I show I cannot make any of the MeetUp times? If you cannot attend any of the sessions a university invited you to, select the “schedule conflict” button under the MeetUp invitation on the landing page. This will allow you to send a message to the school requesting a different time to meet after the event.
- Can I add a MeetUp session at the event? Most MeetUps are scheduled prior to the event. However, if you are interested in adding another, visit The MBA Tour’s MeetUp booth for on-site scheduling.
- How long are MeetUps? Each MeetUp is 25 minutes long.
- What should I do to prepare for MeetUps and the event in general? Visit The MBA Tour’s blog for information on how to prepare for the event.
- What do I wear to a MeetUp? We recommend you dress in business casual attire.
- What if I want to meet with a school that I didn’t get matched with? When you don’t have a scheduled MeetUp, we’d recommend visiting the school’s booth in the Exhibition Hall. There, you can have a 1:1 or group chat with a school representative as well as leave your contact info to meet after the event.